Melon, Prosciutto Salad With Balsamic Vinegar is a great dish for an alfresco dinner in the heat of summer and can do double duty as an appetizer. Don't skimp out on the prosciutto -- it's what makes this dish.
- Baby arugula –pre-washed
- 3-4 ounces prosciutto
- Burrata or other cheese (Mozzarella or Parmigiano Reggiano do nicely. Optional)
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, make a vinaigrette by combining vinegar, shallot, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. While continuously whisking, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until completely incorporated.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula and 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- Place the arugula salad over the bottom or a large platter.
- Arrange the cantaloupe wedges on top of the arugula salad. Add the prosciutto, generously.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.