If you and your family enjoy crispy roast chicken, lemon, capers, and olives as much as we do, then this quick and easy recipe will quickly become a favorite in your household.
- 2 ½ tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 2 lemons (sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounce skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (you can substitute chicken breast as desired)
- ½ cup pitted green Liguria or Kalamata olives (whole)
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into small dice)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt. Heat a large, heavy ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil to your skillet. Add chicken and cook, skin side down, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken, and push to side of skillet.
- Add ½ cup stock and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Add garlic, olives, lemon wedges to liquid. You can also add marjoram if desired.
- Return to a boil. Add butter to pan to create a pan sauce. Spoon over the chicken to baste.
- Once the stock and butter pan sauce has reduced so that it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, remove from heat and serve.