As a child, sweet bread made from banana, zucchini, or pumpkin was a welcome treat. It wasn't something that was made often, which perhaps made it more special when it was. I hope you enjoy this recipe for Chai Pumpkin Bread with Chai Cream Cheese Frosting, and make some memories of your own making, and sharing, this little taste of sweetness.
- ⅔ c Dona Chai Original Chai Tea Concentrate
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (12 T)
- 3 T maple syrup
- 2 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 c pumpkin purée½
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 2 c flour
- 2 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1 t ground cinnamon
For the Frosting
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup Dona Chia Original Chai Tea Concentrate
- 11/2 c powdered sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter three 9 x 5 loaf pans.
- Cream the butter, molasses, and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add Dona Chai and pumpkin purée, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Slowly incorporate into the pumpkin mixture.
- Stir well until just combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for ten minutes, then turn out onto cooling racks.
This recipe is shared in our Chai Love You Gift.