Once upon a time in Kansas City I found myself at a taqueria in Westport, Port Fonda. Not only is fo the food exceptional but I had the BEST margarita, ever.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups ice
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces Cointreau (or any orange liqueur)
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- pinch of salt
- 1–3 teaspoons agave nectar, optional
- 1–3 slices fresh jalapeno, optional
- optional garnishes: fresh lime wedges, extra fresh cilantro, extra avocado slices
- Add avocado, ice, tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, cilantro, and salt to a blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Taste and add extra agave nectar to sweeten, and/or extra jalapeno to kick up the heat, if desired. Pulse until smooth.
- Serve immediately in glasses that have been rimmed with salt*. Top with optional garnishes, if desired.